Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Lesson two


Now that I have added the body tag and by saying bgcolor=orange I now have a page with an orange back ground and this note that I have written within the body tag.
Note: As you can see the closing body tag is below।
Now we have a blank orange page, the title does not appear but appears in the status bar.
Create a folder on your desk top call it mysite and save the file.

I think it is a good as any time to open your note pad.
If you are using Mac OSX you’ll need to go to preference: select plain text.
Also select Ignore rich text command in HTML files.
HTML files may not work if the preference is not changed, so my advice is to change it.
So now you can now write these in your text editor.
Once you write the codes shown it's file save as index.html or index.htm.
This will be the first page your visitors will see.

No comments:

ISMAP